Tuesday, May 28, 2013

week 5: Dietrich Bonhoeffer

week 5: Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;
I am feeble in heart,
but with you there is help;

I am restless,
but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness,
but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me.

Lord Jesus Christ,
You were poor and in distress,
a captive and forsaken as I am.
You know all man’s troubles;
You abide with me
when all men fail me;
You remember and seek me;
it is your will that I should know you
and turn to you.
Lord, I hear your call and follow;
help me.

I remember in your presence all my loved ones,
my fellow-prisoners, and all who in this house
perform their hard service;
Lord, have mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment